Friday, November 5, 2010

Last Garden Update for 2010


  Well, the last of the garden has been picked. Tomatoes, tiny bell peppers and a few herbs are all that remains. As usual we try to use up what we grow, but I won't bother to tell you how our green tomato pie turned out. We nicknamed it tobacco juice pie if that is any indicator. :-) The green tomato relish looks like it came out ok. We canned it already, but I haven't tasted it yet.

  It has been many weeks since my last post, but we haven't been idle. I have so many things to write about and hopefully I'll find the time to get it all done. There are still several canning items to post about from late August and early September and we canned some bread and butter cauliflower too. We made our own italian sausage and sourdough cinnamon rolls that are heavenly. I can't believe I have so many things in the queue that haven't made it to the blog yet. Look for more posts in the near future.

  Oh, and I just enabled comments for non-members. We'll see how that goes for a while. :-)

TTFN
B

No comments:

Post a Comment