Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Drago's Charbroiled Oysters


    If you ever get to New Orleans, I highly recommend you stop in at Drago's for some charbroiled oysters. Several months ago I was in New Orleans on business and I ate these every night I was there. Lately I have been jonesing for them again and when my aunt offered to bring a bushel of oysters back from the Carolinas, I knew exactly what to do with them.

Drago's Charbroiled Oysters (Makes 8 servings or if you are me, just 1 serving)
32 oysters on the half shell
1 c butter
2 lg cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c grated Pecorino Ramano cheese
1/2 c fresh parsley, finely chopped

  Heat your grill to medium high heat. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add garlic and pepper to butter. Mix cheeses together in a bowl. Spoon melted butter mixture into each oyster. Add a pinch of cheese mixture. Add a pinch of parsley. Grill for 8 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enjoy! :-)

TTFN
B

No comments:

Post a Comment