Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quinoa Tabbouleh

 
  Or as we often see it here in the states, Tabouli. This dish absolutely screams spring and summer. I wasn't real familiar with this dish until very recently and I am so glad I was exposed to it. I have a lot of parsley to use up from the garden and I recently started using Quinoa just to check it out, so this event was timely. The recipe I was exposed to planted the Tabbouleh seed, but after some research it was immediately labeled inadequate. The recipe didn't call for enough parsley (Tabbouleh is a parsley salad after all) and it didn't have any lemon juice either, so I made my own recipe:



Quinoa Tabbouleh
1 c parsley (coarse chopped, flat leaf)
1/2 c cilantro (coarse chopped)
1 c quinoa (cooked and cooled)
1 med cucumber (coarse dice)
2 Roma tomatoes (seeds removed, coarse dice)
1/4 med onion (small diced)
5-6 mint leaves (coarse chopped)
1 clove garlic (garlic pressed)
2 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix ingredients well and serve chilled.

TTFN
B

No comments:

Post a Comment