Sunday, November 6, 2011

Apple Caramel Dip


  We had a few apples left over from making pies and someone said something like, "I sure wish we had some caramel dip right about now." I had never made anything like this before, so I went to the internet to get an idea of how to pull this off. I found a recipe at Cooks.com that was rated 5 stars and this is the one I used. It is very easy, quick and very yummy.

Apple Caramel Dip
1/2 c butter, melted

2 c dark brown sugar
1 c light corn syrup
2 tbsp water
14 oz sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
1 tsp vanilla

Cook butter, sugar, water and condensed milk until all the sugar is dissolved over medium heat, stirring constantly. This took about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

We let ours cool a bit before serving. You can store it for a long time in the fridge, several weeks at least. After making this we decided it would be good in apple pie and brownies as well. I'm sure we'll think of a few other things too. ;-)

TTFN
B

No comments:

Post a Comment